Dr. Philip B. Gnilka presents at the May COBE Connect lunch.
Day: May 8, 2017
Dr. Everett Worthington presents a retrospective look at his professional career and personal experiences to the Positive Psychology Research Group at Virginia Commonwealth University. Dr. Worthington studies (1) forgiveness and related constructs (such as justice, humility, and mercy) and the REACH Forgiveness intervention (which has 22 outcome studies from many labs supporting its efficacy), (2) religion… Read more »
- New alcohol abuse prevention program shifts focus from substances to students
- Alcohol and Parenting: Where Things Go Wrong
- Spit for Science Fall Collaborator Clinic Schedule
- Microaggressions and Racial Socialization Impact Alcohol Use
- #MindfulFinals: How The Science of Happiness Changed My Life
- #MindfulFinals: What Is Resilience?
- Learning About Peer Drinking Habits Decreases Blackouts on Campus
- #MindfulFinals: Dogs on Call and Student Health
- What Is Cannabis Use Disorder?
- COBE Research Helps Freshmen Thrive
- Can Practicing Tai Chi Improve HIV and Breast Cancer Treatments?
- Meditation Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease
- How Prevalent Is Cannabis Use Among College Students?
- COBE Director Interviewed on KTEP’s Science Studio
- Mindful Leadership Inspires Productivity and Job Satisfaction
- Does Prescription Drug Use Change From High School to College?
- Is Mindfulness the Answer to Stress Culture on Campus?
- What Do Pregnant Women, Healthcare Professionals and College Students Have in Common?
- New Study Explores Factors that Predict Drinking Problems
- Does Support from Friends and Romantic Partners Influence Alcohol Use?
- What Do Twins Teach Us About the Opioid Crisis?
- Do Extracurricular Activities Impact Academic Success?
- Behavioral Genetics and The Future of Personalized Medicine
- 5 Things We Know About Genes and Substance Use (And 2 We Don’t)
- VCU Students Use Research to Combat the Opioid Crisis
- How Can Students Get Involved in Spit for Science?
- How Does Racial Inequality Impact Genetic Research?
- Does Cannabis Use Impact Your Lifetime Income?
- How Does COBE Translate Research to Promote Health and Wellness?
- Marcie Walsh to Discuss Research in Action at COBE Connect
- October 2019
- November 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015